Monday, April 2, 2007

Email from Ustadh Suhaib Webb


Once, a young boy, around the age of 10 or 11 came across the sirah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). After reading for sometime, his heart was moved. Let's move from my words to his and try and benefit.

"Suddenly I felt, while reading that book, a very unique pleasure. For, indeed, it was a pleasure that differed from all other forms of happiness and delights I had known in my childhood. It was not the happiness associated with eating a nice meal after hunger, nor was it the happiness related to wearing new clothes on 'Eid day. It was not the happiness of being able to play with my friends after longing to do so, nor was it the happiness found in getting some free time for relaxation after a tiring day of studies. It was not the happiness of having succeded in winning a game [sports], nor was it the happiness of visiting an old friend or being visited by a noble guest. For, indeed, those delights and times of joy could not compare to this happiness and delight. Indeed, this joy and happiness is one whose sweetness I know [well] but I could not describe it then. And I must admit, that up until this day, I cannot explain it correctly nor express it in words."

Sh. Ali Hassan al-Nadwi (may Allah have mercy upon him) describing his first encounter with a book on the life of the Prophet (rahmat li al-'almin) at the age of 10 or 11.

Many are going to celebrate the Mawlid this year. Try, with your family, roommates or fellow masjid goers to read the sirah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) .

Suhaib

( for more from Imam Suhaib Webb check out http://thetranslators.wordpress.com/ )

No comments: