Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter Tells the Truth

So we finally get the final book and here are some excerpts. But before you read on, my friend over at THE GOD BLOG did a great little number on this a-theological perspective the book has. Unfortunately many in the Muslim community condemn the book for its emphasis on black magic and demoniac devices- I for one think it is great to get kids imagination running, but most of all reading, and then finally a GREAT way to make some bucks. Read on:

You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" or "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" or "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" or "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" or "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" or "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" but if not, that ain't no matter because even if you were drifting down the Mississippi on a raft you couldn't hardly avoid seeing the movies that have grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide (not counting DVD sales).

Those Harry Potter stories were made by Ms. J.K. Rowling and she told a pack of lies, mainly. For one thing, I don't have a lightning bolt shaped scar on my forehead from when an evil wizard attacked my family. That's a tattoo. And it's not a lightning bolt, it's a very classy drawing of a naked chick and a snake on a cross.

And then your learn:

See, the thing people don't realize is that Rowling is just a bitter old woman with an agenda against a rival school. She isn't a single mother in Scotland. Hell, J.K. Rowling isn't even her real name. It's a pseudonym. Her real name is Myra Fleener and she's the principal at the high school in Hickory, Indiana, where I was sent to live with the Dursleys so I would stay out of trouble after a misunderstanding at my old school that left a classmate in intensive care. Anyway, she wrote the whole Harry Potter series because she's pissed I didn't go to her little punk school. She thinks I didn't have the grades to get into an elite private academy and they let me into Malfoy because of my basketball skills. Which is true, but so what? I've got mad skillz so they call me Magic and the Wizard and sometimes Penn or Teller, which is where she came up with all that crap about magic.
To read more visit the ESPN article- tip of the hat out to Ahmer for sending me the link, I hope you finish the book tonight so it does not impede your MCAT studying. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Huckleberry Potter???

I had to read it twice before I got it! (Guess I've been out of school too long!)