A few of my thoughts in no particular order:
- How do these folks sleep at night? How do you build a "booming oasis" while your neighbors starve?
- I strongly dislike the term "fundamentalists."
- "Shaykh" Mohammad? Yes, the two women on his arms looked exactly what I would expect the female relatives of a "shaykh" to look like. Yay for royal blood!
- There is something about the contrasting experiences of Europeans and South Asians that reminds me of the "house Negro" theory.
- Is the "party scene" really something ABC categorizes as Western values? The West has been demoted from "democracy" to women at water parks in thongs and bars galore.
- I hope there are no Muslims at the bars' 3am last calls. However, if they are I hope that when they leave they are walking to the mosque across the street to pray Tahajjud.