Thursday, September 13, 2007

You Know Ramadan is Around the Corner When....

This post is not about moonsighting. Its a reflection.

1. Women start looking better

The other day I had lunch with a friend at his company's cafeteria. It's a prestigious tech company known for putting out good products, but not known for having great looking women. It took me an hour and a half to finish my burrito. You see, my eyes were like ping-pong balls, bouncing from one bodacious babe to another. MashaAllah....what....beauty? Shake it off. My friend told me later that on the way back to his desk, he saw really pretty ladies he'd never seen before. Where did they come from?

2. The urge to splurge increases

Yesterday I went to Best Buy. I stopped in mid-strut in front of the new releases section and did a quick scan of the rack. The Kanye West album "Graduation" and the 50 Cent album "Curtis". I couldn't decide which one I should pick up. So I picked up both. Why did I do that?

I've been looking around for a viable alternative and upgrade to Apple's music production software Garageband. Apple somehow read my mind. Logic Studio out today from the Apple store. Only $499! Why am I itching like a beagle with fleas to buy this ASAP??

And don't even talk to me about clothes.

3. Sucky music sounds better

Now I know the Kanye album has more creative lyrics, production, and overall depth to it. Its funkier no doubt. So why do I still have the "Fitty" album bumpin' in my trunk? The line, "I'm laughing straight to the bank wit dis" is stuck in my head.

4. Sleeping in is a better option

The last couple of days I rolled into work around 10:00-10:30 am. Not a good look.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Personal (I don't come up with Top 10 lists often and this post ain't a confession)

No, its not a confession. I'm human. I got issues. And so do you. The first few days before Ramadan I am reminded and I think about how human I really am and how much I need this blessed month to help me conquer my vices better. May Allah make it easy for us to conquer ourselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got me. I was thinking you were listing, publicly....i got worried for you there but not for to long buddy :)- gotta worry about my own during this month you know.