Friday, October 12, 2007

Eid 101

Not sure about the do's and don'ts of Eid? Ustadh Muhammad Alsharif has just the thing for you:



I remember my first Eid prayer. Ironically, although I've been Muslim all my life (alhamdulilAllah), the first time I went to Eid prayer was 4 years ago in L.A. Anyways, I remember being confused about the number of takbirs and when to say them, why the khutbah was after not before prayer (unlike juma`)...

Nonetheless, it was a wonderful experience, especially seeing everyone in the community at once all dressed in beautiful, colorful clothes. Eid prayers are the best time to get a glimpse of the wonderful diversity of our communities.

By the way, let's not forget our new Muslim brothers and sisters during Eid- their families may not be celebrating Eid so let's invite them to our homes.

And remember the masjid in which you spent many hours of the last 30 days? Don't forget it as soon as Eid rolls in. Unfortunately, our masajid are very lonely places during Eid.

May Allah (swt) accept our fasting and prayers, and bless us all with a joyous Eid.
Eid Mubarak everyone!

No comments: