Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Ruben (Abu Bakr) Became A Muslim




A friend of mine (Thanks Meriam) posted these videos somewhere else. I like this story and the brother is pretty funny too. It makes me reminisce and takes me back to when I converted. More than six years later when people find out I’m a convert, I still get asked the story behind my conversion and what brought me to Islam. I’ve told the story so many times, and it’s a story that doesn’t have one answer. What made you convert? What am I to answer? There is no one answer. Islam is beautiful and Allah guided me to it. Like someone once said, “I was always Muslim, I just never knew it.” SubhanAllah. Enjoy this brother’s story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an iman-booster...stories of people returning to Allah always are! I hope this brother gets into dawah- he definately has the personality for it. Thanks for posting sister Yesi!

Yesi King said...

you're welcome :)...yes i know aren't they such an iman booster? i never get tired of meeting fellow converts and listening to their stories:) mashaAllah.